Norstan Inc. is seeking a Cold Header Machine Equipment Setter/Operator (1st shift)
Norstan Inc. is a leading manufacturer of contacts, rivets and metal formed components for the automotive, appliances, elevator control systems, aerospace, commercial and industrial controls, critical relays, medical, switches, thermostats, and more. Our employees’ commitment to delivering ever-higher levels of excellence drives our reputation for quality and integrity. Do you have experience in cold heading? We are now seeking an experienced set up operator in our cold heading department to be apart of our growing team.
- Performs setup and operates a variety of cold headers including Salvi, National, Waterbury, Ayase and Toggles.
- Required to run, setup, adjust and maintain quality of parts and other related equipment.
- Keep accurate count of parts produced and perform material handling as required.
- Performs quality checks in adherence to specifications sheets.
- Troubleshoot machines and perform minor and preventive maintenance tasks to equipment.
- Ensures all housekeeping practices and procedures are met.
Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have experience in high- volume manufacturing highly preferred (e.g. Equipment setup/operation/changeover, use of measurement tools and knowledge of preventive maintenance).
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolutions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Job Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Norstan Application OCR Full(Right click to save application link and complete online)
- Attach the completed application and resume
- email to: Job@norstaninc.com