Norstan, Inc is a great place to work!
Employees enjoy a great work/life balance, health benefits, and quarterly incentives.
Resume can be sent to: email@example.com
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the successful operations of the plant
which include general supervision of all phases of production, quality control, equipment
maintenance, procurement, receiving, and shipping.
Manufacturing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
• Works closely with quality control personnel to review product consistency and
appearance to produce products that meet or exceed company standards and
• Monitor and improve production yields to determine trends and areas of
• All improvements must meet company quality expectations.
• Meet or exceed production variance goals.
• Monitor operation and maintenance expenses and research ways to reduce cost
while maintaining product quality and prevent downtime.
• Meet or exceed inventory adjustment and product scrap budget.
• Maintain fill rate and target on-time shipment of 100%. Control and improve the
flow of production while maintaining product quality.
• Work with Quality Assurance Manager to schedule human and equipment
resources to achieve compliance on sanitation logs and environmental testing
• Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and
direct production employees to attain all established goals.
• Review and make recommendations for changes in industrial engineering (plant
process and workflow) for the facility, as directed by the Operations Manager, on
a project basis.
• Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve
efficiencies and enhance productivity.
• Monitor manufacturing expenditures and reports variances to the Director of Operations on a monthly basis.
Responsible for gross margin percentages.
• Coordinate the hiring and the training of all manufacturing personnel
• Analyze workforce requirements.
• Manage direct reports and their activities. This includes overall performance
management; training and development; analyzing and resolving work problems
and discipline. Lead team to achieve goals; promote and demonstrate effective
communication and positive culture, etc.
• Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all
• Work closely with the production team to ensure all members of the manufacturing
the team is aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with regulatory agencies
• Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all
timely communication initiatives.
• Maintain physical security and access points to maintain a safe and secure work
• Implements projects as assigned by the Operations Manager and performs other job-related duties as assigned or as needed.
• Act, live and behave by Norstan’s core values.
Manufacturing Manager Qualifications
• 10 years of progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a
• Bachelors level degree in Engineering or another related field.
• Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use
Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Access) to analyze
• Strong hands-on user of MRP/ERP software systems and maintenance systems.
• Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous
improvement/lean tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, and
Transactional Lean to drive improvement.
• Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with
a basic understanding of financial accounting practices.
• The ability to develop and execute plant manufacturing budgets.
Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and implementation of
safety rules and policies.
• Five years of stamping or cold heading experience desired
Manufacturing Manager Skills
• Ability to provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the
• Demonstrated strong team-building and advanced coaching skills.
• Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with
manufacturing operations, maintenance, and engineering.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance
production and maintenance needs.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
• A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
Reports To - Director of Operations
• Insurance (Health, Dental Vision)
• Bonus Plan
Norstan has been supplying the world with highly specialized precision electrical contacts and stampings for over 50 years. We pride ourselves on demanding more from ourselves than expected and always striving to exceed our customer's expectations. Started in the basement of the family home and now located in a 50,000 sq ft facility we continue to grow. Our team of experienced specialists is the reason for our success. Join our great company and be prepared to be challenged.
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
The maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading day-to-day maintenance operations.
Norstan has been supplying the world with highly specialized precision electrical contacts and stampings for over 50 years. We pride ourselves on demanding more from ourselves than expected and always striving to exceed our customer's expectations. Started in the basement of the family home and is now located in a 50,000 sq ft facility in Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin. Our team of experienced specialists is the reason for our success. Join our great company and be prepared to be challenged.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Leads, trains and develops electrical and mechanical technicians to ensure maximum equipment uptime and productivity within the business’ budget.
- Liaise with key service centers and technical support for specialized and complex equipment to ensure timely and adequate support is available as needed.
- Actively manage team’s schedules to ensure uninterrupted coverage for the manufacturing operation.
- Perform risk assessment of all equipment and develop strategies to minimize overall downtime and safety risks to an acceptable level.
- Implement and maintain a robust spare parts inventory management system involving consolidation in a central location, initial stocking, and replenishment.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable governing QMS documents through timely completion of defined maintenance and repair activities.
- Ensure team’s compliance to all applicable local, state, and federal regulations, e.g. FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Be available for shift, machine maintenance issues.
- Review and approve updates of controlled documents such as those related to the equipment.
- Develop cost reduction strategies related to the maintenance function and spare parts inventory.
- Develop an equipment redundancy program for the site.
- Spearhead procurement and implementation of complex automated equipment.
- Lead the effort to reduce business risks associated with equipment downtime.
- Manage planned equipment upgrades and obsolescence to ensure a seamless transition.
- Appropriate funds for the purchase of equipment and systems through execution of capital expenditure requests (CAR).
- Ensure attainment of established metrics such as equipment downtime.
- Participate in resolution of Non-Conformances and Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Investigate accidents and injuries and prepare reports of findings.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Review and approve time-cards as required
- Actively participate and ensure accurate and timely individual goals are agreed upon and in place for every team member in the group.
- Facilitate technical and professional development of the team to ensure optimal safety and competency.
- Other duties as assigned
Education Requirements and Ideal Experience Include:
- 5+ years of hands-on maintenance experience or High School Diploma with 10+ years of hands-on maintenance experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with equipment development and maintenance focus in an industrial setting desired.
- Familiarity with application of software/firmware / operating systems within automated equipment context.
- Experience in selection, implementation, and use of asset management/maintenance system desired.
Working knowledge of MS Office popular applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Physical Demands and Work Environment Include:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work may be performed both indoor and outdoor. Individuals may have exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles, and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
• Insurance (Health, Dental Vision)
• Bonus Plan