Current Norstan Job Openings
Cold Heading Set-up-Pleasant Prairie, WI
Norstan Inc., a leader in the manufacturing of precision electrical contacts, is looking for an experienced set-up person for our cold heading operation. Located in Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin, Norstan is a family-owned, multi-generation company.
Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Excellence are our guiding principles as we strive to meet our customer requirements and improve.
- Cold Heading set-up duties and responsibilities:
- Experience in setting up, adjusting, troubleshooting, and operating cold header wire forming equipment.
- Knowledge of different types of cold heading equipment including toggle, multi-die, tubular, bi-metal, etc.
- Work with tight tolerances, precision standards
- Understanding of quality programs – SPC, pre-control, and tqm
- Working knowledge of micrometers, comparators and have good math skills
- Committed to a high standard of quality, customer focus, and team atmosphere.
- Abide by all safety practices put forth by Norstan
- Ability to make suggestions to improve part/production performance.
- Ability to work from schedules and meet deadlines.
- 3+ years of cold heading set-up experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, operating instructions, and procedures
- Ability to follow and implement safety rules.
- Ability to enter and fill out production reports and quality reports
- Experience working with tight tolerance, cold headed parts
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for periods of time while performing duties
- Insurance (Health, Dental Vision)
- Bonus Plan
Norstan has been supplying the world with highly specialized precision electrical contacts and stampings for over 50 years. We pride ourselves on demanding more from ourselves than expected and always striving to exceed our customer's expectations. Started in the basement of the family home and now located in a 50,000 sq ft facility we continue to grow. Our team of experienced specialists is the reason for our success. Join our great company and be prepared to be challenged.
Click here for a Norstan Application
Norstan, Inc is a great place to work. Our employees enjoy a great work/life balance, 401k and health benefits.
You can also email your resume to: [email protected]